5 ways to stay secure?
Date: March 12, 2017
Acting as Chief Information Security Officer for a number of firms can be fun and stressful. Regardless, my 5 ways of staying secure don’t change much. Here they are:
- Don’t publically punish people for getting it wrong, publically praise them for getting it right.
- Get systems in line with Cyber Essentials Plus, done properly it reduces risk.
- Perform vulnerability scans monthly and only focus on the top 3 issues to fix. If they took less than an hour to fix, do the next 3.
- Phish your staff. Not just with emails, use phones too.
- Challenge your auditors/pentesters. How do they think you could be more secure?
A very simple, yet highly effective 5. Now, what are yours?